Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I'm a dreamer. Are you?

Just about everyone has heard the theory that all dreams have a hidden meaning. I find it hard to believe sometimes.
Take my dream last night, for example. After reading quite a bit of "Eat Pray Love" I had my own dream that I did the same sort of thing in the United States. I spent 4 months in New York, 4 months in California, and 4 months in Arizona. That was two states I had always wanted to see, (New York and Arizona) and another I thought I should see. According to "dream interpreters," a dream about a long trip implies good luck or fortune. It also means I will receive an inheritance, not necessarily money. How do they get these interpretations?
What if I had dreamed a memory? Can there really be any interpretation on a memory?
Another thing I find so difficult to understand is the tiny differences in dreams that make dreams mean different things.  In my dream, the interpretation was that good fortune and an inheritance of some level are coming my way. If my trip had ended badly though, it would have meant my love may not have been faithful to me. Such a little twist to make such different outcomes.
For the time being, this girl will remain skeptical...

No comments:

Post a Comment